If you landed here before you already know that baking is just not my thing. It should be no surprise that I’m so frigging happy about these two ‘dealicious’ (hah I can’t help it) treats that I’ll be eating and sharing with much love and joy this holiday season. Absolutely NO baking required! Nuff said.
PEPPERMINT OREO TRUFFLES
Use TJs Candy Cane Joe-Joes for these truffles, but it works equally good with regular oreos. You can also throw a couple of candy canes in the food processor and use regular Oreos if you can’t find Peppermint Oreos.
- crushed to dust peppermint candy OR peppermint candy dust (@WorldMarket or Sprouts)
- 1 package of Ghirardelli (or whatever maker you prefer)semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe Joe’s (or 1 package of regular Oreos and 2 candy canes)
In a food processor, pulse cookies until they’re finely ground. Transfer them to a small bowl, add the softened cream cheese and fully combine (I used my hands for that.)
Mixture should be sticky. Roll it into little 1″ balls. Place the rolled balls onto a piece of parchment paper and place it in the freezer for 20 minutes (just enough to harden the outside of the balls)
Melt the chocolate according to the package directions.
Remove balls from freezer and dip them in the chocolate. Transfer them back to the parchment paper. Sprinkle the candy cane dust on top to garnish and then let the chocolate set and dry. Once dry, refrigerate the truffles and serve as needed.
BURBON PECAN BALLS
I made them for the first time yesterday and they are just heavenly. Boozy, sweet and powerful! The better the Bourbon, the better the punch!
Simply combine all ingredients and shape into 1-inch balls; roll in additional powdered sugar. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
- 1 box vanilla wafers crushed to dust in the food processor
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder (I used 100% unsweetened Ghirardelli cocoa)
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/2 cup bourbon
Extra powdered sugar to roll the balls