I love no bake treats because…well…I don’t like baking. This is another quick treat that doesn’t require baking and it’s a super healthy bite for those mid-day sweet cravings. Healthy enough for a snack and delicious enough for dessert. It goes really good with a cup of coffee. These bites are also the perfect boost for a pre-workout or a great pos-workout snack due to the natural sugars from the maple syrup, plus carbs from the oats and a dose of healthy fats from the almond butter and coconut oil.
These recipe can also be made with raw almond butter or any kind of all natural nut butter. The oilier the butter the better. You can add more milk or more ground oats depending on how thick or thin the mixture turns out. Contrary to baking, it’ll be hard to screw this recipe up!
If you make them, please be sure to pop back and leave a comment with your thoughts!
- 1½ cup oats, ground slightly (measure before grinding)
- ½ cup roasted almond butter
- 3 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Mix everything but the ground oats until smooth.
- Stir in the ground oats until a thick batter forms.
- Make small balls with the mixture (or any shape you like)
- Place in the refrigerator and let it sit for at least one hour until the bites are somewhat hard to the touch.