This easy jam is a lot better for you than jams or jellies that are loaded with sugar. Blueberries, orange juice, chia seeds and maple syrup, each of these ingredients carry their own benefits. I usually have it with toast, but it’s also delicious over Greek yogurt and oatmeal.
The deal: Blueberries are $0.98 at Sprouts starting today!
- 1 small pack of fresh blueberries (4.4oz)
- 3 tablespoons chia soaked in ½ cup of orange juice or water or fresh apple juice
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Start by soaking chia seeds in ½ a cup of orange juice or water or apple juice and one tablespoon of maple. Leave the chia seeds to soak until all the liquid soaks into the seeds and you have a gel (about 30 minutes)
- Put the chia mixture, blueberries, and maple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth. Try it and add more syrup if needed.
- The mixture will be similar to a smoothie. Refrigerated to allow it to firm up slightly. If you want the mixture thicker and more firm, stir in another tablespoon of chia seeds.