I’m going to spare everyone from the whole palate sensation description shenanigans. Next time I’m looking for an appetizer that is easy to make and delicious, I need to remember this recipe.
Fresh Blueberry Crostini with Lemon Honey Whipped Goat Cheese
Dominique for DealiciousCooking
- 30 slices French baguette bread cut in ½ in. thick slices (I used La Brea French Baguette)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. creamy goat cheese room temperature (I used low fat goat cheese from TJs)
- 1 tbsp refined sugar
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small box of fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Brush bread slices with olive oil and bake it until golden brown. I happened to have the grill on and I grilled the bread instead of toasting it. Either way works.
- In a separate bowl place washed and pat dried blueberries. Sprinkle the sugar and salt (yes!!! Salt) evenly. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl whisk together manually or with a had mixer the goat cheese, lemon juice and honey until fluffy.
- Assemble by spreading a little bit of the whipped goat cheese in each crostini (make sure crostini has time to cool off a bit) and top it with 2 or 3 blueberries. Add more whipped goat cheese if you have any left (or as many as you can make it fit).