Oh…Costco. I dread going in and I fight to get out EVERY TIME! The crowds are unbearable, the parking dance, the sneezing, the rude and the cruisers. I won’t even mention the samples because I’m a victim of them as well. However, there’s no other place I can get a heart attack wrapped in tin foil (aka Chicken Bake. It’ll kill you) and endless organic eggs as cheap as it gets.
Costco is a paradox and I love to hate it.
This was yesterday’s quick dinner fix from Costco. I’m not sure how “clean” their rotisserie chicken really is but it’s delicious and convenient.
This pre-packed salad is so tasty, surprisingly low calorie and only $4.49.
And because sweet potatoes are super food, I’ve committed to a 6lbs. bag of Organic sweet potatoes for $6.49 (seriously cheap.) The kids better start liking it because that’s a whole lotta sweet potato. I made this quick Chipotle Honey Sweet Potato Hash to go with dinner and turned out pretty good (recipe below).
Here is to a ‘Costcosized’ happy and healthy weekend!
- 2 tsp. of Ghee butter, olive oil OR coconut oil
- ½ cup diced shallots or red onion
- 2 cups of shredded sweet potatoes (I used the Titan Julienne peeler) or cut it into ½” cubes
- ½ cup of diced yellow or red bell pepper (optional)
- ½ tbsp. of chipotle powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Salt to taste (I used about 2 tsp to star with and add some more after cooked)
- In a large pan, heat the Ghee butter (or oil of preference) over medium. Add the onions (and bell peppers if using it) and sauté until they became translucent. Add the sweet potatoes, chipotle powder, cumin and salt. Cook for 10-12 minutes, moving it around to cook evenly.
- Cook the hash until the sweet potatoes are soft but not 'mushy'. Once hash is cooked add the honey, mix and serve.