- 2 medium red bell peppers (roast it with 1 tbsp of olive oil for 10 minutes at 400F)
- 1/2 cup no skin almonds (I used salted/roasted marcona almonds)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika (I used Spanish sweet pimenton)
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound medium pasta shells
- 1 10oz package fresh baby spinach
- Cook pasta according to package instructions but shorten 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile add all remaining ingredients except the spinach to a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Place spinach on a large bowl. Drain the pasta well and place it over the spinach, turning it with a drizzled of olive oil in order to wilt it.
- Add the romesco sauce and toss it well.
- Refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes before serving. If you have any leftovers store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.