For the cake
- 1 box of yellow cake (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 box of lemon pudding 4oz
- 3/4 cup 7UP
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
For the icing
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (for thicker icing use 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon 7UP
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Spray 10-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray (I used a bundt cake pan)
- Combine all the cake wet ingredients thoroughly than ad cake+pudding mix.
- Mix by hand or at low speed with a mixer until fully combined.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes
- Let it cool off completely before removing cake from the pan
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and 7UP. I made the icing a bit runny so it would further moist the cake. For thicker icing use an extra cup of confectioner's sugar.
- Add milk in little by little until you've reached desired consistency.
- Pour icing over cake and serve.